Wednesday, July 8, 2009

(Too) Busy

I spent the holiday weekend in New Jersey with some fellow members of The Brothers and Sisters of Charity. I came home to a significant meeting with our bishop on Monday, an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday (I am scheduled for total right knee replacement on August 24, with the left knee to follow maybe in November). Tomorrow I fly back to South Carolina to spend a few days with my dad in his new-to-him independent living apartment and to drive him to a family reunion in Alabama.

All of which is to say I've not been blogging (or writing at all). I am keenly aware, in the mix of so many varied things, that our days are in the Lord's hands so that, when we live in trust and obedience, we can have assurance of being under His mercies. I've been thinking of the old gospel song, Trust and Obey; it is a wonderful expression of Christian life.

I hope to be back to a more regular schedule in another week. Thanks to the readers who follow this blog faithfully. May the Lord's grace and peace go with you!

No comments:

 
Site Meter