Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Parent's Prayer


In a presentation tonight about societal and generational effects on family faith, I shared this prayer I discovered from a James Dobson article. I sometimes turn to it when I pray for my children:

Lord, you know about my inadequacies. You know about my weaknesses, not only in my parenting, but in every area of my life. I did the best I could, but it wasn’t good enough. As you broke the fish and loaves to feed the 5,000, now take my meager effort and use it to bless my family.
Make up for the things I did wrong. Satisfy the needs I have not satisfied. Wrap your great arms around my children and draw them close to you. And be there when they stand at the great crossroads between right and wrong. All I can give is my best, and I’ve done that. Therefore, I submit to you my children and myself and the job I did as a parent. The outcome now belongs to you.

No comments:

 
Site Meter